The 3rd MJFF announced winners
On June 20 the jury of the 3rd Moscow Jewish Film Festival has awarded the winners.
On June 20 the closing ceremony of the 3rd Moscow Jewish Film Festival was held in the Jewish Museum and Tolerance Center. The jurors — Igor Ugolnikov, Dmitry Astrakhan, Julia Aug, Artyom Vitkin, Elena Khazanova and Arkady Ukupnik, under the presidency of Pavel Lungin, have presented awards in each of the four competition categories and one special prize.
- The Best Film is «The Bloom of Yesterday» by Chris Kraus (2016, Germany, Austria, France)
- The Best Documentary Feature Film is «Who’s Gonna Love Me now?» by Tomer Heymann and Barak Heymann (2016, Israel, Great Britain)
- The Best Short Feature Film is «In Other Words» by Tal Kantor (2015, Israel)
- The best Short Documentary Film is «Joe’s Violin» by Kahane Cooperman (2016, USA)
- «Song of Songs» by Eva Neymann (2015, Ukraine) received the Jury Prize.
Julia Aug, actor, director, and a jury member of the 3rd MJFF:
Earlier during the Festival Andrei Konchalovsky has received the Honorary prize «For outstanding contribution to the development of Jewish films in Russia» from Yuri Kanner, the President of the Russian Jewish Congress.