The story of Regina Jonas, the world's first woman Rabbi lived in Berlin of the 1930s. Regina felt that she was born to be a Rabbi, but women were barred from becoming a Rabbi according to the Jewish laws. The use of archive and experimental editing technique adds a magical layer which pulls the audience into this unique story of struggle and faith.
Rewards and nominations
- Berlin Jewish Film Festival 2013 - Nominated: Audience Award
- Hungarian Film Critics Awards 2013 - Special Award
- Jerusalem Film Festival 2013 - The Jewish Experience Award
- Jihlava International Documentary Film Festival 2013 - Nominated: Best Central and Eastern European Documentary
- Sarajevo Film Festival 2013 - Nominated: Best Documentary
- Washington Jewish Film Festival 2014 - Nominated: Audience Award - Special Mention